Thursday, September 15, 2016

YOUTH WORK IS…. Leading With


A YIA main idea is to empower youth to take a leadership role with in their neighborhood and community to make a greater change with social and racial roles and how others view individuals.  To speak and learn about things that is uncomfortable to talk about but needs to be talked about and even if there is disagreement with the topic. They also touch upon adults and youth not on separate levels but to rise together.  YIA model resonates with my experience as a youth because I struck upon as a youth to speak up even when trying to be shut down on topics I felt or new about that was consider “years beyond my knowledge”. I believe that there model is a constructive way to build up the youth and show them that they have a voice and can use it to make changes.


No comments:

Post a Comment